Liquid Animal Rennet - 2 oz
This single strength veal rennet is the highest quality form of rennet available on the U.S. market today and is NON-GMO.
We're thrilled to announce that this rennet no longer contains caramel coloring. As a result the color is more translucent. This rennet is still the same product that we've been carrying for years and is one of our most popular forms of rennet for cheese making.
INGREDIENTS: Veal rennet, sodium chloride, sodium acetate, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate.
YIELD: 1/2 teaspoon will set 2 gallons of milk in approximately 45 minutes.
- One ounce contains approximately 6 teaspoons which will set up to 24 gallons of milk
- Two ounces contains approximately 12 teaspoons which will set up to 48 gallons of milk
- One pint contains approximately 96 teaspoons which will set up to 384 gallons of milk
- One quart contains approximately 192 teaspoons which will set up to 768 gallons of milk
- One gallon contains approximately 768 teaspoons which will set up to 3072 gallons of milk
DIRECTIONS: The amount to use will vary on the condition of your milk, season and type of cheese you are making. Dilute required amount of rennet with 20 times its volume of cool, potable water. Immediately add into milk and stir for 2 minutes to uniformly distribute.
STORAGE: Store rennet in refrigerator. Will keep for 1 year if stored properly.